Thursday, April 12

Little Alexis Leigh is One!!


Dear Alexis,

Well, my sweet little girl, you turned one today and I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing you grow and learn over the last year.  You are, without a doubt, the strongest willed one year old I have ever met.  You know what you want and are a forced to be reckoned with if you don't get your way.  I love your beautiful smile. You shine from the inside out and I am so proud to be your mommy.  One of my favorite things about it is how loving you are.  There will be times you are cruising on by and you'll stop and pull up to give us a hug or kiss.  So, so precious!

You keep your brother and sister on their toes and are quick to get into stuff if no one is paying attention.  You are very independent- you like to feed yourself, use your own spoon, try to put on your own clothes, brush your teeth and hair.  Sometimes it hits me that you are really only ONE and are pretty advanced for your age.  Not to brag or anything, but you are one smart kid!  I always see the wheels turning in your mind :-)

Here are some milestones over the last few months that you've hit:

First tooth: 1 week shy of 10 months
Second tooth: 10 months
3rd-6th tooth: all came in within 2 days, 11.5 months 

First time standing unassisted: Feb 2nd 10 months, and to quote Daddy, "I was helping her walk and all of a sudden she got in perfect athletic position. Feet slightly wider than shoulders, nice flex of the knees, hands in the ready position. I let go and she stood there for a good while!!"


First steps: Just under a year on April 7th

Current word list: mama, daddy, doggie, ow, ya, no, baby, bye bye, hi, ball

Nicknames: Alexis-Texas, Lex, UhLex, Leebers, Lexi Leigh


 I am so incredibly blessed to be your mommy and I love you more than you'll ever know!!
Happy Birthday my sweet baby!!

Love, Mommy






No comments:

Post a Comment