Friday, December 17

Is It Possible?

Is it possible that I am actually starting to find some energy almost 21 weeks into this pregnancy? I think so!  The last 2 weeks, I have started to feel more and more productive as each day goes on.  Most of my energy comes in a big spurt in the morning.  The last two weekends, I have spent on a cleaning binge.  I gutted Noelle's room which entailed packing up 2 laundry baskets of clothes and toys to sell at the next consignment sale, tossing an entire garbage bag of toys that were either broken or had parts MIA, cleaned out her closet and dresser of clothes that didn't fit and reorganized her system of toys. 

It felt good to accomplish something and I still marvel at where the energy came from to get it all done.  The new toy system is my feeble attempt and getting this child to pick up her toys after she is done playing with them.  I've sorted all the different gear into separate totes (kitchen gear, dress up clothes, legos, etc) and now she has to ask permission to play with them.  I know that seems like micro-managing but the other option is a floor full of toys that never gets picked up.  She was thrilled with the clean room and said she was happy that she "didn't have to step on toys to get to her bed".  I've even started giving her an allowance because I'm shocked this is actually working and her room has stayed clean for two straight weeks!!

Other cleaning sprees including deep cleaning the kitchen including the baseboards, cabinets, etc.  and cleaning the guest bathroom top to bottom.

Each spree is followed by a long nap and then feeling slightly sick in the evening because I tend to over do it!  It's great to feel like a normal person again and to be able to do normal things.  I hope to start back blogging on a semi-normal basis (especially since I am on Christmas break for two weeks) and share all the fun things that have been going on in the Hunt house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment