Saturday, May 9

Contains: MILK, SOY

Dear Ty,

Well, it's been two months since I've been on the dairy/soy free diet and it's made a world of difference for you. We go back to the doctor in a month and will talk with her about where our next steps will be...do we try to reintroduce some dairy and soy into my diet and see how you handle it? Do we start to plan more tests to see if you have other allergies? They say most kids outgrow dairy/soy protein intolerance (DSPI) by age 3 and I really hope that is the case. While it hasn't been too tough to change my diet, I'd hate for you to grow up always checking labels for potential dairy and soy. It makes me sad that you might not be able to eat birthday cakes, or take your girlfriends out for ice cream ;-) I guess we'll have to wait and see what the doctor says and go from there.

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment